RE: st: RE: frequency bar charts of string variables

Subject   RE: st: RE: frequency bar charts of string variables
Date   Wed, 22 Jul 2009 22:27:14 +0200

<>

The y axis the easy part:

- catplot hbar Foreign,  ylabel(, labsize(vlarge))-

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Florian
Wakolbinger
Sent: Mittwoch, 22. Juli 2009 22:12
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: RE: frequency bar charts of string variables

dear all,

i have another question related to my previous one:
is there any possiblity to change the size of the axis-labels  of both
the yaxis as well as the categorical axis at the command "catplot hbar..."

thanks again very much for your replies,
best,
Florian

Nick Cox schrieb:
> There are commands to do this, which I presume is what you want. In
> official Stata it is not too difficult. First read in suitable data
>
> . sysuse auto
> (1978 Automobile Data)
>
> Suppose that -foreign- were a string variable, which we can simulate
> with
>
> . decode foreign, gen(Foreign)
>
> Now go
>
> . gen one = 1
>
> . graph hbar (sum) one, over(Foreign) ytitle(frequency)
>
> However, the user-written command -catplot- from SSC may prove more
> convenient.
>
> . catplot hbar Foreign
>
> For -hbar- read also -bar-, for vertical versions usually more difficult
> to read.
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>
> Florian Wakolbinger
>
> is there an option in stata to draw bar charts of string variables, i.e.
>
> if the variable contains 40 "yes" and 60 "no", to draw a chart with two
> bars of height 40 and 60?
>
> to put it differently, is there an option to visualize the results of
> the command tab varname

Dr. Florian Wakolbinger

3E - Haigner/Jenewein/Wakolbinger
Amraserstrasse 15