Re: st: Switching from SPSS to Stata

From   SR Millis <>
Subject   Re: st: Switching from SPSS to Stata
Date   Sat, 18 Jul 2009 17:00:39 -0700 (PDT)

I, too, began my career with SPSS.  Over 10 years ago, I made the move to Stata.  Hands down, Stata wins.  I still have the most current version of SPSS/PASW--because I can get it through my university at a very low cost, bundled with the structural equation software, AMOS.  Otherwise, I'd leave it behind.

I supplement Stata with R and, occasionally, SAS.

Scott R Millis, PhD, ABPP (CN,CL,RP), CStat, CSci
Professor & Director of Research
Dept of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dept of Emergency Medicine
Wayne State University School of Medicine
261 Mack Blvd
Detroit, MI 48201
Tel: 313-993-8085
Fax: 313-966-7682