st: RE: help: bootstrap with GEE in stata

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: help: bootstrap with GEE in stata
Date   Thu, 2 Jul 2009 16:01:28 +0100

I believe that

xtgee depvar indvar

xi: xtgee depvar i.indvar

do not in general imply the same model, so why the surprise?

In addition, which model assumes that depvar is unconditionally normal?

I am running these two types of commands in stata:

bootstrap, reps(200): xtgee depvar indvar, fam(normal) link(id)
i(case_no) t(week1_10) robust

xi: xtgee depvar i.indvar, fam(normal) link(id) i(case_no) t(week1_10)
vce(bootstrap, reps(200))

The two commands give similar results for some of the variables, but for
some of the variables I get very different results with respect to
significance, for most of the variables I get significant results with
the 1st command given above.

The dependent variables are of very complex nature and does not follow
the assumption of normality, independent variable is a categorical(0,1)