Statalist

st: RE: help: bootstrap with GEE in stata

To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: help: bootstrap with GEE in stata
Date   Thu, 2 Jul 2009 17:48:17 +0100

Delete the first part. It was stated that the indvar is 0,1. But why
then the two different styles? -xi:- is unnecessary scaffolding in that
case.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Cox
Sent: 02 July 2009 16:01
To: 'statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu'
Subject: RE: help: bootstrap with GEE in stata

I believe that

xtgee depvar indvar

and

xi: xtgee depvar i.indvar

do not in general imply the same model, so why the surprise?

In addition, which model assumes that depvar is unconditionally normal?

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

citriaz@yahoo.com

I am running these two types of commands in stata:

bootstrap, reps(200): xtgee depvar indvar, fam(normal) link(id)
i(case_no) t(week1_10) robust

xi: xtgee depvar i.indvar, fam(normal) link(id) i(case_no) t(week1_10)
vce(bootstrap, reps(200))

The two commands give similar results for some of the variables, but for
some of the variables I get very different results with respect to
significance, for most of the variables I get significant results with
the 1st command given above.

The dependent variables are of very complex nature and does not follow
the assumption of normality, independent variable is a categorical(0,1)