st: RE: Compare two distributions.

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Compare two distributions.
Date   Thu, 2 Jul 2009 16:08:04 +0100

I don't think it's either statistics or Stata [NB]. It is a statement
about probability distributions.

You are telling us that you have two distributions which are known and
fully specified. Where's the uncertainty?

I am probably missing something, but it's better for you to spell it out
than for me to guess.

Xu, Haiyong

I am not sure if this is a statistics question or a STATA question. I
have two normal distributions: N(0, 2) & N(1, 0.5). Is there a standard
way to test if they are significantly different? If so, how can I do it
in Stata?