st: R: help: bootstrap with GEE in stata

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: R: help: bootstrap with GEE in stata
Date   Thu, 2 Jul 2009 14:58:05 +0200

Dear Muhammad,
I am not sure that the following hint may be of some help. However, did you
check your bootstrap results setting the same -seed- for both of the Stata
commands that you invoked?

Kind Regards,
-----Messaggio originale-----
[] Per conto di
Inviato: giovedì 2 luglio 2009 14.01
Oggetto: st: help: bootstrap with GEE in stata

Dear all,

I am running these two types of commands in stata:

bootstrap, reps(200): xtgee depvar indvar, fam(normal) link(id) i(case_no)
t(week1_10) robust

xi: xtgee depvar i.indvar, fam(normal) link(id) i(case_no) t(week1_10)
vce(bootstrap, reps(200))

The two commands give similar results for some of the variables, but for
some of the variables I get very different results with respect to
significance, for most of the variables I get significant results with the
1st command given above.

The dependent variables are of very complex nature and does not follow the
assumption of normality, independent variable is a categorical(0,1)

I will really appreciate if somebody could add comments/suggestions on this

Muhammad Riaz

Muhammad Riaz