Re: st: RE: Stata 11 Announcement

From   Richard Williams <>
To   "" <>, "''" <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Stata 11 Announcement
Date   Sat, 27 Jun 2009 18:45:32 -0500

At 11:55 AM 6/26/2009, Newson, Roger B wrote:
Thanks to Alan Riley for the information, which gives us something to look forward to. I am also looking forward to factors, and to factor parsing, and to expanded specific factor varlists, and to the other programming advances described in
which will be useful in writing the next generation of resultsset-processing programs. Thanks in advance to StataCorp for all this (and graphic markups too).

Best wishes

Anyone who has written an estimation command may wish to release a Stata 11 version just so their programs can use factor variables. It looks like the required changes to the code are pretty minor.

-ml- has been completely rewritten. I'll be curious to see if that speeds up the programs I have written (oglm and gologit2).

Hopefully there will be a new version of the Stata ml programming book -- or at least an addendum that highlights any new features.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu