Re: st: Delta method using Mata

From   George Batchelor <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Delta method using Mata
Date   Tue, 9 Jun 2009 14:16:57 +0100

Thanks for this suggestion Maarten.  This works quite well when there
are just one or two coefficients, but in my program I have about 64
price coefficients from which I want to calculate elasticities based
on a non-linear transformation and, while I could probably do this
using nlcom and a loop, I would ideally like to use Mata.  Surely like
other languages Mata must be able to calculate the gradient of a
function?

Many thanks for any other suggestions.

George