st: Matching fuzzy names with reclink

From   "Pacher S (OS)" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Matching fuzzy names with reclink
Date   Wed, 3 Jun 2009 14:14:04 +0200

Dear statalist users,

I am using Stata 9.1 and want to merge two datasets by company names.
As these names are not perfectly similar in both datasets, I use the reclink.ado file.
However, after a certain period reclink stopps and asks for an additional closed bracket.
I do not know why this happens.

I have the following syntax:

.reclink cname using "d:\Compustat_reclink.dta" , idmaster(id1) idusing(id2) gen(score)

When I run this command, the program works fine. However, after approximately 15% of the process it stopps.
As you can see below, it finishes about 15% of the task.

Here is the message that appears:

.Going through 54114 observation to assess fuzzy matches, each .=5% complete
...) required

It is probably a very simple mistake but I tried it several times now and the result is always similar.
Any comment would be highly appreciated.

Sebastian Pacher
PhD Candidate

Organization & Strategy
Faculty of Economics and Business Administration - Universiteit Maastricht
Tongersestraat 49, Room 2.001, 6211 LM Maastricht - P.O. Box 616, 6200 MD Maastricht - The Netherlands