Re: st: Getting data from NBER to STATA

From   Kirimi Sindi <>
Subject   Re: st: Getting data from NBER to STATA
Date   Sat, 23 May 2009 11:52:56 -0400

Thank you. This is the break I needed. I managed to use your help and suggestions to get the data into stata.

Thank you again.

Austin Nichols wrote:
Kirimi Sindi <> :

Easy answer: just put all the files in the same directory and do not
specify paths.

clear all
set mem 1000m
local dat "cpsmar08.dat"
local dta "cpsmar08.dta"
local dct "cpsmar08.dct"
dir cpsmar*
qui infile using `dct', using(`dat')

Did you forget to unpack a zip file, perhaps?