st: -mkspline- reference

From   Jacob Wegelin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: -mkspline- reference
Date   Tue, 5 May 2009 18:50:33 -0400

Can anyone point me to a reference for  -mkspline- ?

I mean, ideally, a published article or book that describes in
software-independent terms (so that statisticians who do not know
Stata will understand) exactly the algorithm and/or formula that the
Stata programmers implemented when they wrote -mkspline-.

I apologize if the answer is in [R] Stata Reference Manual. I do not
own that book.

Jacob A. Wegelin
Assistant Professor
Department of Biostatistics