st: Re: RE: Stata graphs in LaTeX

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Re: RE: Stata graphs in LaTeX
Date   Tue, 5 May 2009 23:34:00 +0200

Also note the example at the bottom of the help file for -ssc d texdoc- where a graph is included in a tex document...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kieran McCaul" <>
To: <>
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 11:28 PM
Subject: st: RE: Stata graphs in LaTeX

Works fine for me.
I produced a graph in Stata and then exported it as an -eps- file:

graph export "$reports\hdist.eps", as(eps) replace

The following -tex- file was reads this -eps- file OK.  I'm using MikTex
2.7.  This assumes that the -eps- file is in the same directory as the
-tex- file.

\caption{Distribution of self-reported height (cm) in men and

Kieran McCaul MPH PhD
WA Centre for Health & Ageing (M573)
University of Western Australia
Level 6, Ainslie House
48 Murray St
Perth 6000
Phone: (08) 9224-2701
Fax: (08) 9224 8009
Epidemiology is so beautiful and provides such an important perspective
on human life and death,
but an incredible amount of rubbish is published.  Richard Peto (2007)