Re: st: use of offset with xtlogit

From   Austin Nichols <>
Subject   Re: st: use of offset with xtlogit
Date   Fri, 24 Apr 2009 15:14:45 -0400

In short, I think not.  If y is distributed Poisson with mean x, where
length of transect enters x linearly (with coef 1), then the
probability of seeing y>0 is gammap(1,x) and the logit link does not
make a lot of sense...  look at:

tw function y=gammap(1,x),ra(-5 5)||function y=invlogit(x),ra(-5 5)

See also:
   findit gammafit
which models y as a function of x implicitly defined by the density
integrating to one, I believe--I haven't used it (perhaps Nick or
Stephen will comment).