st: RE: GLLAMM repeated measures interaction problem

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   stata list <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: GLLAMM repeated measures interaction problem
Date   Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:08:26 +0000 (GMT)

--- Marnie wrote me privately:
> I am running a 2-level random intercept logistic model using gllamm
> (reshaped data). I am investigating the effect of the interaction
> of dose*time on the nominal dependent variable controlling for
> school level clustering. Dose is continuous (0-100%) and time is
> categorical (4 time points). I am receiving the error message
> "variables have been dropped, can't continue. I did try to create
> my own dummy variables however it did not create the variables for
> each time point.
>
> My syntax is below. The other variables in the model are
> confounders.
> xi:gllamm q9nom i.chgender i.bord_3 i.empl3_ i.q4bbin i.educ4_
> i.time*Dose if(walked==1), i(studid schid) base(1) link(mlogit)
> family(binom) nip(7) adapt

First, the best way of getting advice is to contact the statalist
directly, as is discussed in the Statalist FAQ:
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html#private

Second, I don't know the answer (thus proofing my first point).
If I would run into a problem like that I would probably first
try to run the model with -mlogit- rather than -gllamm-.
Simpler models are usually easier to debug than a full blown
-gllamm- model.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie