st: RE: exlogistic for survival data?

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: exlogistic for survival data?
Date   Wed, 15 Apr 2009 09:05:35 -0700

A quick thought:  could you bootstrap the cox regression?  As long as
you're not changing the predictors each time, it should be OK.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97330
Phone: 541-737-3832
FAX: 541-737-4001

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of roland
andersson
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:18 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: exlogistic for survival data?

I am analysing 127 patients operated for thyroid cancer with 15
deaths, most of them early. Followed up for 20 years. I would like to
make multivariate analysis of difference in survival, but can not use
coxregression because of the few numbers. Can I use exlogistic to
obtain some meaningful results, ie defining predictors of death at a
certain point in time?

Roland Andersson