st: R: exlogistic for survival data?

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: R: exlogistic for survival data?
Date   Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:09:23 +0200

Dear Roland,
just a brief remark about your query.
Why do not consider a parametric model, such as Weibull, since your death
rates seem to decline steadily as time goes by?

Kind Regards and All the Best for your research project,

-----Messaggio originale-----
[] Per conto di roland andersson
Inviato: mercoledì 15 aprile 2009 15.18
Oggetto: st: exlogistic for survival data?

I am analysing 127 patients operated for thyroid cancer with 15
deaths, most of them early. Followed up for 20 years. I would like to
make multivariate analysis of difference in survival, but can not use
coxregression because of the few numbers. Can I use exlogistic to
obtain some meaningful results, ie defining predictors of death at a
certain point in time?

Roland Andersson