Re:st: Overlay stcurve graphs from different models

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re:st: Overlay stcurve graphs from different models
Date   Sun, 12 Apr 2009 09:04:07 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Sun, 12/4/09, Ulrich Atz wrote:
> stcurve, hazard outfile(...) gives me a completely
> different output than using the predict hazard, haz command
> (weibull, exponential distribution). Why?

-stcurve- gives you the hazard curve at specified values of your
explanatory variables (and if you haven't explicitly specified
those values than they are set at the mean), while -predict-
will give you the hazards at the actually observed values of the
explanatory variables. For plotting the output from -stcurve- is
probably better.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie