Re: st: Using tmap dot and customizing markers

From   Scott Merryman <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Using tmap dot and customizing markers
Date   Fri, 27 Mar 2009 21:57:08 -0500

Are you using Stata 8?  With -tmap- I believe you would use the
-addplot()- point with -label- subcommand.

With -spmap- you could do something like:

spmap population using "C:\DATA\us maps\uscounty.dta", id(_ID) cln(2)
oc(gs12 gs12) fcolor(white white) legend(off)  ///
  label(data(foo2.dta) y(lati) x(longi) label(batch) size(vlarge))  ///
  title("Big Foot Sightings in Pennsylvania")

which would produce:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcpv7s6q_30g8fvj4gs

Scott