Re: st: AW: R: Confidence Interval for Negative Binomial Regression

From   "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: AW: R: Confidence Interval for Negative Binomial Regression
Date   Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:23:39 +0100

Thank you Martin and Carlo for your help I tried what you suggested
and if I understood correctly the confidence interval uses the normal
distribution to have the lowpred(lb) and the highpred(ub)?
 thanks again.
Kacem
2009/3/27 Martin Weiss <[email protected]>:

> <>
>
> Would it be correct for Kacem to obtain CIs from -predictnl-? Maybe other
> lister can comment whether that is appropriate?
>

> *************
> webuse rod93, clear
> tab cohort, gen(coh)
>
> *negative binomial regression model
> nbreg deaths coh2 coh3, exposure(exp)
>
> predict pred, n
> predict linpred, xb
>
> *generate CI for predicted counts
> predictnl newpred = exp(xb())*exp, ci(lb ub)
>
> l deaths pred linpred newpred lb ub, noo
>

> HTH
> Martin

Dr. Kacem Iaych