st: AW: RE: Re: Question about -tabi- and its calculations

Subject   st: AW: RE: Re: Question about -tabi- and its calculations
Date   Tue, 24 Mar 2009 17:36:58 +0100

<>

True, I overlooked this issue. -profiler- could profit from a note at the
bottom of its output to the effect of "Dear user, Stata also dipped its toes
into the executable, so you may want to be careful to read too much into my
results"...

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Nick Cox
Gesendet: Dienstag, 24. März 2009 17:30
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: RE: Re: Question about -tabi- and its calculations

This is correct, but does not much illuminate Tiago's question.

-tabi- is just a wrapper for -tabulate- and all the work that concerns Tiago
is done off-stage by -tabulate-, which is part of the executable. Thus there
is no code that users can look at. Precisely what -tabulate- does is thus a
matter for the manual entry.

. viewsource tabi.ado

is a more direct way to see this.

Martin Weiss

If your screen is cluttered too heavily by -trace-, try

******
cap profiler clear
profiler on
tabi 30 13 \ 18 7 \ 38 22, all exact
profiler off
profiler report
******

which shows that no other -program- apart from -tabi- is involved.

Tiago V. Pereira