st: UCINET- Data input

From   Lena Katharina Vanessa Kuchler <>
Subject   st: UCINET- Data input
Date   Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:50:52 +0100

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I found a question about how to import UCINET Data into STATA Data.

I have a similar question, but the other way round, hopefully you can help me with my problem:

I am a student of the university of Munich and I am working on my diploma-Thesis. For my work I need to analyse the data of Music-Artists and Music-Producers that have been working together. The Data I have at hand contain in one column the Artists and in the other column I have the Producers. So every row equals a cooperation of the two. Unfortunately I could not find a way to import these data into UCINET.

So far I have been working with STATA. I have not had any experiences with UCINET. Is there any possibility how I can get my STATA-Data in the shape of a dataset ucinet can import?

I really hope you can help me or at least tell me someone I can ask because my helper is in australia and has not had any experiences as well.

I would be really thankfull for your help!

Yours sincerely,

Lena Kuchler