st: RE: UCINET- Data input

From   "Kieran McCaul" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: UCINET- Data input
Date   Wed, 11 Mar 2009 05:08:09 +0900

IS the data in a file?
Is it ascii text?
Can you cut and paste a couple of lines and insert them in an email to the list?
How many records are there?  (that's data records, not vinyl)

Kieran McCaul MPH PhD
WA Centre for Health & Ageing (M573)
University of Western Australia
Level 6, Ainslie House
48 Murray St
Perth 6000
Phone: (08) 9224-2140
Fax: (08) 9224 8009
Epidemiology is so beautiful and provides such an important perspective on human life and death,
but an incredible amount of rubbish is published.  Richard Peto (2007)

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Lena Katharina Vanessa Kuchler
Sent: Wednesday, 11 March 2009 4:51 AM
Subject: st: UCINET- Data input

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I found a question about how to import UCINET Data into STATA Data.

I have a similar question, but the other way round, hopefully you can help me with my problem:

I am a student of the university of Munich and I am working on my diploma-Thesis. For my work I need to analyse the data of Music-Artists and Music-Producers that have been working together. The Data I have at hand contain in one column the Artists and in the other column I have the Producers. So every row equals a cooperation of the two. Unfortunately I could not find a way to import these data into UCINET.

So far I have been working with STATA. I have not had any experiences with UCINET. Is there any possibility how I can get my STATA-Data in the shape of a dataset ucinet can import?

I really hope you can help me or at least tell me someone I can ask because my helper is in australia and has not had any experiences as well.

I would be really thankfull for your help!

Yours sincerely,

Lena Kuchler