Re: st: re: a graph named "new"

From   Clive Nicholas <>
Subject   Re: st: re: a graph named "new"
Date   Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:35:03 +0000

Eva Poen replied to Kit Baum:

> thanks for the info. I am not familiar with classes, so I didn't know
> about reserved words in the class system. The only thing that comes to
> my mind when someone mentions "reserved words" and "class" is that
> "drawing room" is an upper class word in Britain while "settee" isn't
> (apparently). However, being a relatively new resident to this
> country, I might have gotten that one wrong, too.

I think you're referring to the supposed cultural differences attached
to the terms 'living room' and 'sittting room' in Britain. I'm a
confirmed sitting-room man, myself. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a
rather shiny shellsuit that needs ironing.

Clive Nicholas

<>. Please respond to contributions I make in
a list thread here. Thanks!]

methodology. I prefer to call it style." -- Freeman J. Dyson.