st: RE: ROC curves for ordinal outcomes

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: ROC curves for ordinal outcomes
Date   Thu, 12 Feb 2009 21:42:45 -0000

The ROC area is a special case of Harrell's c index, which still exists
for non-binary ordinal outcomes. Confidence intervals for Harrell' c
indices and their differences can be calculated using the -somersd-
package, downloadable from SSC using the -ssc- command in Stata. The
on-line help contains some references, some of which can be downloaded
from the Stata Journal website at
http://www.stata-journal.com/
and others of which can be downloaded from my website (see my signature
below).

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger