Re: st: Fitting the integral of a unknown function

From   Svend Juul <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Fitting the integral of a unknown function
Date   Fri, 6 Feb 2009 09:51:40 +0100

Tiago wrote:

I am unsure if the topic is 100% related to the objective I am looking
for, because I failed to find an exact expression in English.

I have two positively correlated variables (say, X and Y) that can range
from 0 to 1.

For every value of X (0 to 1) I have values for Y, giving a non-linear
curve. Is it possible to calculate the area under the curve having only
these data?

This looks like a pharmaco-kinetic problem where you want to
estimate the area under a concentration curve. Take a look at:

   help pkexamine

Hope this helps
Svend

Svend Juul