Re: st: Fitting the integral of a unknown function

From   Svend Juul <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Fitting the integral of a unknown function
Date   Fri, 6 Feb 2009 09:51:40 +0100

Tiago wrote:
I am unsure if the topic is 100% related to the objective I am looking
for, because I failed to find an exact expression in English.
I have two positively correlated variables (say, X and Y) that can range
from 0 to 1.
For every value of X (0 to 1) I have values for Y, giving a non-linear
curve. Is it possible to calculate the area under the curve having only
these data?

This looks like a pharmaco-kinetic problem where you want to
estimate the area under a concentration curve. Take a look at:
   help pkexamine
Hope this helps
Svend Juul
Bartholins Allé 2