st: Problems with -triplot-

From   Friedrich Huebler <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Problems with -triplot-
Date   Thu, 5 Feb 2009 16:54:58 -0500

Nick Cox recently announced an updated version of his -triplot-
package, available from SSC. I encountered some problems with the
program.

I am trying to generate a graph similar to Figure 15 in Cox (2004),
but with data from two countries. I would like to connect the data
points for each country but when I draw the graph with the options
c(l) and separate(country), only the points from the first country are
connected. Is it possible to connect the points from the second
country, too? Can the appearance of the markers for the second country
be changed? Options like mcolor() only affect the markers for the
first country.

There is also a problem with the legend. At the default position below
the graph, the legend partly covers the label for the lower side of
the triangle.

Friedrich

Reference: Cox, Nicholas J. 2004. Speaking Stata: Graphing categorical
and compositional data. Stata Journal 4, no. 2: 190-215.
http://www.stata-journal.com/article.html?article=gr0004