RE: st: Adding variables not in the coefficients for outreg2 or estout

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Adding variables not in the coefficients for outreg2 or estout
Date   Tue, 3 Feb 2009 14:43:04 -0800

After I woke up this morning, I realized the problem of super-row
or group-row categories is exactly the same as that of sorting on
variable names, which means I can use the same codes to create it.

-outreg2- now comes with groupvar( ) option, which is the
unforgiving version of sortvar( ). While sortvar( ) overlooks
variables not in the regression, groupvar( ) will insist on creating
them (variables) or non-variables (super-rows).

Naturally they are not compatible with each other.

Both commands will kick in during the appending action of outreg2
(because that's where I had put them in) - it shouldn't be too much
of a problem.

Anna will be testing it to make sure there's no odd behavior.

For the future reference, the codes will look like this. Whatever
not mentioned by this option will be pushed down under Group2,
and hence need not be mentioned. If you don't want them, combine
it with drop( ) option.

Yes, you will need the latest vaporware to do it.

prog drop _all
sysuse auto, clear
cd c:\
reg mpg rep head trunk weight
outreg2 using myfile, replace
reg mpg rep head weight turn disp gear
outreg2 using myfile, groupvar(Group1 trunk turn head weight Group2) see

http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_allup_explore_012009