RE: st: AW: Area under a percentile point

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: AW: Area under a percentile point
Date   Tue, 3 Feb 2009 19:13:17 -0000

I think Tony is referring to a thread on fractional medians started by Taggert J Brooks. I see the questions in that thread as being quite different.

Lachenbruch, Peter [Tony]

Didn't we have a similar discussion last week - there was a modification of the percentile command - I think Nick Cox contributed to the discussion.

Martin Weiss

To break the ties you are complaining about, Jeph`s solution sounds good to
me. Also note

Jeph Herrin

What you want is a bit strange, but here is how I would do it:

  sort myvar
  keep if _n<0.75*_N