Re: st: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: The Future of Statistical Computing

Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: The Future of Statistical Computing
Date   Fri, 23 Jan 2009 14:39:36 -0600

On 1/23/09, Nick Cox <[email protected]> wrote:
>  It's just like the current myth, which some people like to believe (we
>  all love good excuses), that you really can't learn Mata, because there
>  is no NetCourse. Meanwhile, lots of users are happily writing Stata code
>  with Mata components. How did they ever manage it without a book or a
>  NetCourse? Well, sure, a NetCourse would make things easier, and a lot
>  of people would sign up. But in the mean time there are two manuals. You
>  just need to read them and experiment.

Ba-a-ah, who needs the manuals -- they are identical to the help
files. Bill Gould's Mata column in SJ -- that's what IS helpful
indeed.