st: RE: Data management for survival analysis with time-varying covariates

From   "Mak, Timothy" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Data management for survival analysis with time-varying covariates
Date   Wed, 21 Jan 2009 16:10:27 +0000

2.      If a woman died, the date of her death obviously occurred after the date of her last interview,
so I will need to assume that information provided at her last interview date carried forward until
the time of her death.  So for a woman who died, her last row would begin one year prior to her final
interview, but would end at the date of her death (her final interview date would not appear in the
row).  Does this seem correct?

No, I would use a third row for the period from the last interview to the time of death. Fill in all the information that can reasonably be carried forward from the last interview and leave the rest missing.

3.      This also means that if a woman contributed only one interview, the time span would be from
date of seroconversion to date of death, with the assumption that the information collected during
that one interview was consistent during that entire time span.

If you follow my advice on 2, then there should be two rows.

Tim