RE: st: Partial Correlation Kendall's Tau (or Somers D)

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Partial Correlation Kendall's Tau (or Somers D)
Date   Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:27:47 -0000

At present, I don't have any plans for extending -somersd- to partial
Kendall's tau-a (although this might change). I usually produce
confounder-adjusted Kendall's tau-as, Somers' Ds and percentile
differences and slopes by stratifying and using the -wstrata()- option
of -somersd- and -censlope-. An example of this (involving propensity
scores) is given in Newson (2006a) and Newson (2006b).

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

References

Newson R. 2006a. On the central role of Somers' D. Presented at the 12th
UK Stata User Meeting, 11-12 September, 2006. Download from
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/usergp.htm#uk2006

Newson R. 2006b. Confidence intervals for rank statistics: Percentile
slopes, differences, and ratios. The Stata Journal 6(4): 497-520.
Download pre-publication draft from
http://www.imperial.ac.uk/nhli/r.newson/papers.htm#papers_in_journals

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics