RE: st: Graphing Quadratic Interactions

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Graphing Quadratic Interactions
Date   Tue, 16 Dec 2008 12:42:00 -0000

In addition to Ronan's very thoughtful remarks:

I think there were other reasons why Susanna got no replies before this

It wasn't very clear what she wants.  My guess was that she wants a plot
of predicted response in terms of X4 and X5, adjusting for X1 ... X3. As
mentioned on this list very frequently, Stata isn't serious at 3-D
graphics that might meet this need, whether contour plots or perspective

Just browsing the archives would have signalled the difficulty above.

Ronan Conroy

This request has generated no replies as yet, and it's not hard to see
why. Note, especially "I need a pretty graph"

I looked up "pretty graph" in Stata and there's no routine available,
so we'll have to think this one out. Apologies - this is a long post.

[much detailed advice]

Susanna Khavul