RE: st: graphs

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: graphs
Date   Sun, 14 Dec 2008 15:37:01 -0000

David I think meant not in official Stata.

Jennifer's problem sounds, from another point of view, four-dimensional.

Even if it is, -mrunning- from SSC offers another alternative.

David Airey

No, not in official data.

Often there are two dimension reductions that serve just as well. The -
vibl- package is one example of useful two dimensional plots, where a
3 dimensional plot is a natural choice,

But anyway, you have a free alternative in several R packages, such as:

Commercial packages like JMP 7 or 8 do this kind of plot well. Also
Data Desk 7, but development has stopped on this package.