Re: st: standard errors poverty measurement Stata 10

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: standard errors poverty measurement Stata 10
Date   Fri, 5 Dec 2008 09:36:22 -0600

There are some commands by Dean Jolliffe with some Russian folks
(-findit sepov-). I thought Stephen Jenkins had something about that,
too, but I cannot locate it in -findit poverty- output -- it might've
been s.e.s for inequality measures, rather.

You can get pretty much anything you need using -mean- of
appropriately generated variables and -nlcom- to combine them into FGT
measure of interest. What's more, that will also be appropriate for
complex survey designs -- I have serious doubts that you will have
access to any sort of census data in Subsaharan Africa.

Can you possibly comment as to why do you need s.e.s on your poverty
measures? It is rather unusual that somebody wants them... although it
pleases my inner statistician to see people do that :)).