st: re: if-sentences in Stata

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: re: if-sentences in Stata
Date   Thu, 27 Nov 2008 14:34:12 -0500

< >
Linn said

I've tried and it really doesn't matter...
I get the same result.

And that result will presumably be meaningless, as a statement like

if shift == 1

will ever only reference the FIRST observation of the variable shift. Given what you have outlined as the logic, I cannot imagine that this could be useful. Please see my proposed solution.