st: RE: re: if-sentences in Stata

From   Linn Renée Naper <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: re: if-sentences in Stata
Date   Thu, 27 Nov 2008 20:41:05 +0100

I am looking into your proposed solution right now.

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: [] På vegne av Kit Baum
Sendt: 27. november 2008 20:34
Emne: st: re: if-sentences in Stata

< >
Linn said

I've tried and it really doesn't matter...
I get the same result.

And that result will presumably be meaningless, as a statement like

if shift == 1

will ever only reference the FIRST observation of the variable shift.
Given what you have outlined as the logic, I cannot imagine that this
could be useful. Please see my proposed solution.