RE: st: RE: p-value in stata???

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: p-value in stata???
Date   Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:11:25 -0000

Don't worry about this, Clive. It's a phase and you'll come through to the other side. Many Statalisters have used the auto data long since because their use is a cliché and they are so bored by them. This may be what some of my more literate colleagues call postmodern irony.

Clive Nicholas

Although it was Jay's opinion's you were after on 'example datasets',
as StataCorp calls them (-help dta_examples-), I've long since thought
that the contents of the -auto- dataset is so _boring_, quite apart
from the fact that it appears to include nondescript cars that no
longer exist. But it's there for a useful purpose, of course.

Other Statalisters might have noticed that I try to use the -union-
dataset whereever possible in posts: its contents are much more
interesting, and it does just as good a job. The -lifeexp- and -voter-
datasets are also fun to dip into.