st: Re: rolling regression

From   Kit Baum <>
To   "Dr.K.Hassan Naqvi" <>
Subject   st: Re: rolling regression
Date   Thu, 30 Oct 2008 06:09:53 -0400

I don't see why you need -nlcom- to calculate standard errors, unless you are trying to compute nonlinear combinations of the coefficients. - rolling- will calculate standard errors. Modifying the second example in its helpfile,

        . webuse lutkepohl2, clear
        . tsset qtr
. rolling _b _se, window(10): regress dln_inv dln_inc dln_consump

If for some reason you would like to compute nlcoms of the estimated coefficients with their associated standard errors, you would need to write a little 'wrapper' program that generated the desired results and returned them to -rolling-, and execute that rather than - regress-. That would be a bit more work. Please clarify what you are trying to do.