Re: st: Test for trend in surveys

From   Philip Ryan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Test for trend in surveys
Date   Tue, 30 Sep 2008 20:09:35 +0930

Well, the z statistic testing the coefficient on the exposure variable is as
valid and as useful a summary (test) statistic as the chi-square statistic
produced by a test of trend in tables.  If you prefer chi-squares, you could
just square the z statistic to get the chi-square on 1 df.  And if you prefer
likelihood ratio chi-squares to the Wald z (or Wald chi-square) then the
modelling approach can deliver that also.

Phil