Re: st: Test for trend in surveys

From   "�ngel Rodr�guez Laso" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Test for trend in surveys
Date   Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:41:04 +0200

Thanks to Philip and Neil for their advice.

Philip's proposal is absolutely compatible with survey data, but I was
interested in a summary statistic of the type of Pearson chi-squared.

To this respect, Neil puts forward a test (nptrend) that would be
perfect if it allowed complex survey specifications. I believe strata
and clusters are not important because the formula for the standard
error of this nonparametric test (see Stata Reference Manual K-Q page
338) should not be affected by these specifications. But nptrend does
not accept weights as an option, what I think makes it unsuitable for
complex survey analyses.

Angel Rodriguez Laso