st: RE: use of count.

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: use of count.
Date   Thu, 18 Sep 2008 12:05:13 +0100

This question was clarified later, but I just want to register a general
protest against reports of this kind, in fact a protest that echoes my
last posting.

In my files I have an evolving document with nearly twenty different
interpretations of "does not work" (e.g. is illegal, does not do what I
want, does not do what I expect, ...). Reports so vague are a waste of
everybody's time, including the questioner's.

Ashim Kapoor

I want to do :

bysort state cnum cname : replace no_of_cand_in_state=count

This does not work. could someone please tell me how do I fix this ?