Re: st: stcurve and multiple strata

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: stcurve and multiple strata
Date   Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:23:16 +0100 (BST)

--- moleps islon <> wrote:
> I need to make a survival graph for different strata. Do i need to
> specify the strata as a stcox option or is it sufficient to use
> stcurve with the -at() option?? What is the difference?

First of all, have you tried this? If you did, you would have seen the
difference. The way to build an analysis or a graph is to start, make
errors, correct them, make new errors, correct those, etc. etc. Don't
be afraid to try out commands and see what happens.

The -stcox- -stcurv- combination seems to me way too complicated if all
you want to do is create a survival graph. Is this what you are looking

sysuse cancer
stset studytim, failure(died)
sts graph, by(drug)

Also, this book is going to be a good investment if you are going to do
a lot of survival analysis:

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam