Statalist

st: Testing the significance of elasticity coefficient

From   Humnath Bhandari <hnbgulmi@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Testing the significance of elasticity coefficient
Date   Wed, 3 Sep 2008 07:56:19 +0800 (CST)

Dear List member,
I having problem to estimate elasticity coefficient and test its significance. Therefore I am writing this mail to request your kind help. I would be grateful if anybody can help me to estimate the coefficient of elasticity and test its significance based on quadratic regressgion.
My quadratic equation for the time series data is mentioned below.
Y = a + b1 X + b2 X^2 + b3 Trend
dy/dx = (b1 + 2 * b2 * X)
elasticity = (b1 + 2 * b2 * X) * (X/Y)
I would like to know how to estimate this elasticity coefficient and test its signficance using STATA 9.2. Thank you.
Cheers,
Humnath Bhandari