From   "Martin Weiss" <martin.weiss@uni-tuebingen.de>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: RE: Testing the significance of elasticity coefficient
Date   Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:32:11 +0200

Have you tried -mfx- with the - eyex - option after your estimation?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
[mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Humnath Bhandari
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 1:56 AM
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject: st: Testing the significance of elasticity coefficient

Dear List member,
I having problem to estimate elasticity coefficient and test its
significance. Therefore I am writing this mail to request your kind help. I
would be grateful if anybody can help me to estimate the coefficient of
elasticity and test its significance based on quadratic regressgion.
My quadratic equation for the time series data is mentioned below.
Y = a + b1 X + b2 X^2 + b3 Trend
dy/dx = (b1 + 2 * b2 * X)
elasticity = (b1 + 2 * b2 * X) * (X/Y)
I would like to know how to estimate this elasticity coefficient and test
its signficance using STATA 9.2. Thank you.
Cheers,
Humnath Bhandari