st: RE: Testing the significance of elasticity coefficient

Subject   st: RE: Testing the significance of elasticity coefficient
Date   Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:32:11 +0200

Have you tried -mfx- with the - eyex - option after your estimation?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Humnath Bhandari
Sent: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 1:56 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Testing the significance of elasticity coefficient

Dear List member,
I having problem to estimate elasticity coefficient and test its
significance. Therefore I am writing this mail to request your kind help. I
would be�grateful if anybody can help me to estimate the coefficient of
elasticity and test its�significance based on quadratic regressgion.�
My quadratic equation for the time series data is mentioned below.
Y = a + b1 X + b2 X^2 + b3 Trend
dy/dx = (b1 + 2 * b2 * X)
elasticity = (b1 + 2 * b2 * X) * (X/Y)
I would like to know how to estimate this elasticity coefficient and test
its signficance using STATA 9.2. Thank you.
Cheers,
Humnath Bhandari