RE: st: Identifying the do-file source code of tables and graphs

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Identifying the do-file source code of tables and graphs
Date   Tue, 2 Sep 2008 23:55:02 +0100

Sergiy is quite right to draw attention to this thread which raised
several relevant ideas.

An even simpler idea that may be too obvious to mention, but I will
anyway, is that keeping all files for a project together in a single
folder or directory can make many cleverer tricks redundant. I often
forget to do this, but then I have only myself to blame for the

Sergiy Radyakin

Look for an older thread "Does a do file know it's name?", e.g. here:

As far as I know - you have to define the filename either in that file
(e.g. as a local) or in the calling program, which probably calls each
of your individual do files (e.g. as a global).

If you use xml_tab for output, it is convenient to have sheets named
as do-files, and you then have a single Excel file with all your
tables. You can append tables from multiple .do files to a single
output file, so you can form your report step-by-step.

Michael McCulloch