RE: st: ice and random-number seed

From   "Medina, Tait Runnfeldt" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: ice and random-number seed
Date   Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:14:57 -0400

Dear Richard:

Thank you for your reply.

I tried using -mim- and version 1.4.6 PR 25apr2008 of -ice-, but I am still unable to reproduce results.

On a side note, I was under the impression that the command -adoupdate- would update user-written packages, but the command failed to update my installed -ice- package. Am I mistaken in my understanding of this coomand?

Tait

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Richard Williams
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 12:36 AM
To: [email protected]; [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: ice and random-number seed

At 09:43 PM 8/21/2008, Medina, Tait Runnfeldt wrote:
>I am unable to reproduce regression results using imputed data
>generated via Royston's -ice- command, although I am using the
>-seed- option. A comparison of a mock original and an attempted
>replication, illustrating this problem, can be found in step #4 below.
>
>I am using Stata version 10.1. The version of -ice- and -micombine-
>being used can be found in step #5 below.

You might also try -mim- instead of -micombine-.  I'm not sure why
both exist since Royston is an author of both, but my impression is
that -mim- is better.  You may need to rename some of the vars
created by -ice-. -mim- is available on SSC.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam