RE: st: ice and random-number seed

To   [email protected], "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: ice and random-number seed
Date   Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:50:27 -0500

At 07:14 AM 8/22/2008, Medina, Tait Runnfeldt wrote:
Dear Richard:

Thank you for your reply.

I tried using -mim- and version 1.4.6 PR 25apr2008 of -ice-, but I am still unable to reproduce results.

On a side note, I was under the impression that the command -adoupdate- would update user-written packages, but the command failed to update my installed -ice- package. Am I mistaken in my understanding of this coomand?
There are a couple of versions of -ice-. Perhaps you got one of the non-SSC versions that isn't as up to date, e.g. sometimes the Stata Journal version isn't the latest and greatest.

I don't know why it would matter, but you could try using the -saving- option instead of -using-.

Do you have an older version of Stata around, e.g. 9.2? You could check to see if the problem existed in earlier versions of Stata.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam