Re: st: ice and random-number seed

To   [email protected], "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: ice and random-number seed
Date   Thu, 21 Aug 2008 23:35:55 -0500

At 09:43 PM 8/21/2008, Medina, Tait Runnfeldt wrote:
I am unable to reproduce regression results using imputed data generated via Royston's -ice- command, although I am using the -seed- option. A comparison of a mock original and an attempted replication, illustrating this problem, can be found in step #4 below.

I am using Stata version 10.1. The version of -ice- and -micombine- being used can be found in step #5 below.
You might also try -mim- instead of -micombine-. I'm not sure why both exist since Royston is an author of both, but my impression is that -mim- is better. You may need to rename some of the vars created by -ice-. -mim- is available on SSC.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam