st: RE: Tabulation task

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Tabulation task
Date   Fri, 15 Aug 2008 10:35:41 +0200

Not sure whether I get this problem right: if there is a unique key that
ties the person`s vote in the first file to the Vote _id in the second file,
then -merge- on the unique key and - tabulate- (-tab2-) afterwards.

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Serguei Kaniovski
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 9:39 AM
Subject: st: Tabulation task

I am stuck with the following tabulation tast. I have two datafiles. One
contains the following variables:

Name, Country, V1, V2, V3, V4, ... large number
where Vx signifies a persons vote on issue x (numeric, categorical)

A second file contains the issue types (string) of each vote as follows:

Vote_id, Vote_issue
where Vote _id is numeric and corresponds to 1, 2, 3, 4, ..., Vote_issue
is a string decribing the voting issue.

How can I read in the issue types and tabulate the V-variables by issue
and country?

Thank you very much,