RE: st: RE: Dialog Programming

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: Dialog Programming
Date   Thu, 31 Jul 2008 10:40:46 +0100

I liked this email, but courtesy and truth compel me to add that I
learned most of what I know under this heading from Vince Wiggins,
StataCorp.

Stata users' meetings that I have been to split three ways on modes of
presentation. One large group uses some kind of LaTeX-based
presentation, usually Beamer. Another equally large group uses
PowerPoint, which I understand to be a MicroSoft program. A smaller
minority uses SMCL.

Maarten buis

--- Martin Weiss <[email protected]> wrote:
> smcl is indeed a useful language, though. In Chicago, M. Buis built
> his presentation around smcl files which I found really neat...

This emphasizes the point that was made earlier that writing in smcl is
best done by using an existing file as a template. I did not write that
presentation from scratch, but I used the following presentation by
Nick Cox as a template: http://ideas.repec.org/p/boc/nsug07/1.html .